Atlantic salmon (Salmo salar) is a member of the family Salmonidae, found in the northern Atlantic Ocean and also the North Pacific. In Australia, Atlantic Salmon is farmed in Tasmania.
- Prep Time : 15 minutes
- Cook Time : 15 minutes
- Yield : 4
- Chop and mix together the dill, shallots, garlic and onion.
- Preheat the grill to high.
- Sprinkle the salmon with BBQ seasoning and/or pepper.
- Chop and mix together the dill, shallots, garlic and onion and spread generously over the flesh side (not skin side) of each fillet.
- Season soaked planks with sea salt (not too much, just as if you were seasoning the fish itself) and place on the grill, close the lid and heat for 3 to 5 minutes until they start to crackle and smoke.
- Carefully lift the lid and place the salmon fillets on the now hot planks, skin side down.
- Close lid and plank-bake salmon for 12 to 15 minutes (less if you like it underdone).
- Squeeze lemon over the fillets.
- Remove the planks from grill and transfer the salmon to a serving platter.